Prep Time: 25 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 lb. ground beef;
1 large head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped;
2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced;
5 green onions, thinly sliced;
1 bell pepper, chopped; (an orange or yellow pepper adds more color to the dish)
1 cucumber, chopped;
½ to 1 cup homemade Catalina dressing (recipe below);
4 tbsp. taco seasoning (recipe below);
– Catalina Vinaigrette
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil;
½ cup homemade ketchup;
½ cup red wine vinegar;
½ cup grated onion or onion powder;
1 tsp. paprika;
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce; (optional)
1/3 cup. honey; (optional)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
-Taco Meat Seasoning
2 tbsp. chili powder;
2 tsp. paprika;
1 tsp. onion powder;
1tsp. garlic powder;
2 tsp. ground cumin;
1 tsp. dried oregano;
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Catalina sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste. For a smoother sauce, combine in a food processor and blend.
2. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the taco seasoning, season again with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Over a medium-high heat, melt some Paleo cooking fat and toss in the ground beef. Cook until well done (about ten minutes). While the beef is cooking, break it apart with a wooden spoon.
4. When the beef is almost done, add the taco seasoning and mix well, making sure all the meat is covered. You can also add a little bit of water if it looks dry. Let the meat cool down until it’s at room temperature.
5. In a big salad bowl, combine the bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and beef. Top with the Catalina dressing. Gently mix everything and serve.