Protein shakes seek to improve energy recovery after metabolic stress and even to increase muscle mass or tone.
We have all ever had a shake or smoothie, but have you had homemade protein shakes? When it is decided to incorporate this type of food into a diet the ingredients of these shakes change, since they are mainly implemented to ingest after a workout.
The shakes or smoothies are easy to digest , although they contain several foods, they can be included to be consumed after intense training with or without weights. These help regain energy after the metabolic stress you were subjected to during exercise.
So protein shakes are an excellent fuel to be included in your daily diet. However, these protein shakes must be adjusted to the goal you want to achieve, since depending on the goal you are working on, the ingredients are not the same.
There are shakes that are suitable for increasing muscle mass or are intended to tone or lose weight. Today we provide you with 4 homemade protein shakes that are easy to make and cheap, which in turn are adapted to different objectives.
What is a protein shake?
If you have made the decision to improve your physical condition and health in general by incorporating a new diet into your lifestyle, you will know that you should not leave out protein shakes , but do you really know what they are?
Protein shakes can be powdered or natural made at home , those that are homemade allow you to know what is really being ingested, you can make sure that everything is natural and also has a lower cost compared to those that they are powdered.
Taking protein shakes serves as a supplement to the daily diet , they do not make you gain weight, on the contrary, they help increase muscle mass, it also serves to lose weight and define muscles.
Being easy and quick to prepare, they are the ideal food to eat mid-morning, mid-afternoon and even better after an intense workout. These are consumed by athletes, by people immersed or interested in being fitness or simply by people who want to look good and feel good by losing weight.
3 Homemade Protein Shakes
- To increase muscle mass
This shake or smoothie is for those who want to increase their muscle mass, therefore, it contains ingredients that have carbohydrates and is what helps to grow muscle mass.
- Ingredients: 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of almond milk, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of honey, ½ cup of oatmeal, 1 banana or banana. All the ingredients are blended and it will be ready to drink after training.
- To lose weight
This smoothie, although it should be light, does not have to stop being exquisite.
- Ingredients: 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of almond or rice milk, 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of coffee powder, 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Blend all the ingredients and you will have a delicious protein shake that will help you lose weight, it can be ingested before training in the morning as the first food or after training.
- To tone or maintain muscle mass
It is recommended for those who want to preserve muscle mass or have lost their body tone and want to regain it.
- Ingredients: 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of coconut milk, 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 cup of sweet pineapple, ½ orange juice, 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
Special protein shake
- To maintain fitness
It is ideal for those people who have already reached the goal they want and aspire to maintain their physical condition.
- Ingredients: 1 cup of plantain or banana, 1 cup of berries, 1 ½ cup of soy milk, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or a handful of peanuts, 1 tablespoon of chia or flaxseeds, 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds , 4 tablespoons of oatmeal. It is blended until all the ingredients are integrated.
The combination of these seeds with cereal, fruits and soy milk provide complex carbohydrates combined with protein.
This shake has about 32g of protein, 710 calories, 34g of fat, 85g of carbohydrates and 20g of fiber.
All shakes are recommended to be ingested after performing the exercise routine of the day , as it helps to compensate for the energy expended in previous physical activity. After drinking your favorite shake it is important to wait 40 minutes to consume the next meal.